“Crypto 101, One on One” is your personal deep dive into the cryptocurrency space.
I will teach you both the essential skills and advanced techniques needed to be successful in Bitcoin/crypto, whether you are an investor, HODLer, or want to join the blockchain ecosystem.
The topics we will cover are up to you. Decide what you wish to cover or tell me your goals and I will build a lesson for you.
We can be 100% hand-on — setting up a cold storage/hardware wallet, funding liquidity pools, or making trades — or theoretical, discussing the pros and cons of Bitcoin versus Ethereum, the outlook for gold vs Bitcoin, and the impact of upcoming legislation.
I recommend a half-hour for each topic, but we can be as brief or in-depth as you like.
No Nonsense, Real Deliverables
I will meet with you via Zoom.
At the end of the call, you will receive the call recording (if selected) and call notes, including any relevant links. The consultation is very hands-on, so please be prepared with your hardware wallet, trading accounts, or any other assets you would like help with.
The HODL Module
The first thing you must know about Bitcoin is how to store it. It can be complicated to store Bitcoin safely. We will cover the basic principles of properly keeping your Bitcoin safe, yet available for transactions and trades. Did you know you can trade Bitcoin right from your wallet, without any exchanges involved?
- How to set up a Bitcoin/cryptocurrency wallet
- The different types of Bitcoin wallets: custodial vs non-custodial, hot vs cold, and soft vs hard wallets
- Modern Bitcoin wallets use a BIP39 seed phrase to secure your coins. Learn what a seed phrase is and how to store it properly.
- Sending Bitcoin: basic bitcoin transactions as well as advanced tricks (pay to many, replace by fee, custom fees, address control, etc)
- How to leave a Bitcoin legacy to your heirs: multi-signature, hidden wallets, and SHTF-proof seed storage
The PASSIVE INCOME Module
You can earn passive income from your cryptocurrency holdings. The rewards can be significant – up to 72% annual yield. However, the risks can also be high, and there are several very different methods to profit from your crypto.
- Most passive-income sources for crypto use decentralized finance. Discover what DeFi is all about.
- The basic ways to make money from your crypto: staking, yield farming, and lending
- Hands on tutorial to get started yield farming (liquidity mining) on DeFi exchanges
- Advanced considerations: managing risk, cost, and profitability when yield farming
The PRO-TRADER Module
If you prefer to be an active trader rather than a passive investor, this is for you. This topic is about the mechanics of trading rather than any specific technique or coin recommendations. Learn how to place orders, and avoid potential pitfalls that will cost you.
- Key differences between the stock market and crypto market
- Fundamental analysis of crypto assets
- How to keep trading fees to a minimum
- Managing risk with limit orders & other techniques
- How to access the advanced trading products of exchanges
- Tax-smart Bitcoin investing
The CRYPTO-MINER Module
Do you want to start mining your own crypto? Get hands-on and start mining immediately to understand the basic principles involved.
- Setting up your first miner on a desktop computer
- Overview of mining hardware
- Calculating profitability of mining setups
- Alternative miners: Chia, Helium, etc
The CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM Module
For Bitcoin to be successful it needs an entire ecosystem of services that integrate the blockchain with the rest of the economy. This module helps you understand the different roles that players take to make the crypto economy possible. Additionally, we will compare and contrast the different kinds of crypto assets: cryptocurrencies, utility tokens, security tokens, and NFT’s.
- Understanding different players in the crypto ecosystem: wallets & custody, merchant transactions, exchanges, P2P lending, mining, financial services, social/networks/games & identity/authentication
- Cryptocurrencies vs utility tokens vs security tokens vs NFT’s.
The BITCOIN ECONOMICS Module
While it’s exciting to celebrate the latest peak in Bitcoin’s price, it’s more important to understand the big picture. What makes Bitcoin so valuable? How does its potential compare to other asset types? What threats does Bitcoin face in the short, medium, and long term?
- How high will the price of Bitcoin go?
- Is Bitcoin better than gold?
- How much of a threat are Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Can the government ban Bitcoin?
The NO-BS Module
There are thousands of crypto-related scams out there. Some of the scammers are very good. Learn the five most popular types of scams and how to avoid them.
- Common scams: imposter schemes, pyramid schemes, pump and dumps, rug pulls, and ICO scams
- How to tell if a crypto project is vaporware or legit (fundamental analysis)
- How to tell if an exchange or wallet is fake
- How to tell if you’re being used for a pump and dump
The CRYPTO-Commerce Module
There are several good options for merchants to accept Bitcoin payments including BTCPay, Coinbase Commerce, and BitPay Checkout. The integration process is still complex, and the process must be properly secured, especially if multiple staff need to process payments. Let me help you integrate Bitcoin/crypto payments for Point of Sale payments.
- Review of different products for Bitcoin Point of Sale
- Identify the proper solution and integrate Bitcoin payments at point of sale
- Multi-signature custody for high-value wallets
- Currency conversion problems when accepting crypto payments